The datacenter - Boden Type DC One
The most energy and cost efficient data centre prototype in the world.
The Boden Type DC ONE solution offers sustainable data centre building, which is energy and resource efficient throughout its lifecycle, cheaper to build and operate and brings jobs and knowledge to remote places.
Data centres consists of two distinct elements: The IT equipment and the surrounding service envelope.
The Boden Type DC ONE innovation is a new, holistic design approach for data centres surrounding services.
The aim of Boden Type DC ONE is to integrate adiabatic fresh air air cooling, modular building design, clean and high quality electricity supplied by renewable energy source, ideal climate and service infrastructure.
Efficient fresh air cooling
- Harmonic free (clean) electricity enabling us to remove the inefficient uniteruptible power supplies (UPS) from the data centre
- Direct fresh air supported by evaporative cooling as a replacement for inefficient refrigeration based cooling systems
- Process controls to maintain effieceny at varying loads and at partial population of the data centre
Modular building design
- Provide a modular construction which allows simple builing expansion without compromising efficiency and lowering costs
- Install services in modules (discrete units) to maintain efficiency as the net load of data centre expands or contracts
- design a data centre in which different modules may have differentresilience/redundancy levels to suit the local service level requirements
- Pilot a scheme which shall use 100% renewable energy
- Demonstrate how, through active powerquality management by the generator, renewable energy can be a cost-effective solution to data centre power requirements
- to evaluate the use of waste heat (e.g for drying biomass, district or domestic heating) to provide a cost-effective solution for its use
- We will simulate the operation of our design in locations, which have less favourable climate